Made in Roath 2016

Made in Roath 2016

Thursday 2 October 2014

The skinny on me: Sara


Thanks for the baton pass, Uschi! I am the aforementioned Sara - full name Sara Bellanato - and funnily enough people struggle more with my first name than my last. I'll not bore you with too many initial details, as you no longer need to be beady-eyed to pick up on the common blogging denominator. I too have completed an MA in Creative Writing at Cardiff University alongside these lovely people. I too am an expat of Roath, though I have only migrated to the nearby city of Newport. Yes, it's that place you pass through sometimes on the way to Cardiff. Yes, you are normally relieved that you didn't have to get off the train there.

I write. I write obsessively and stupidly. I write microfictions and I write novels. I write badly and, sometimes, if I'm feeling kind, I'll say I write well. I especially enjoy the fantasy genre - modern, steampunk, urban, high, I ain't picky - and I have a filthy passion for old dystopian novels (Huxley and Orwell and Atwood, oh my!) but, as is my life's philosophy, I will try anything once. Twice if I'm good at it.

When I'm not rolling around in words, I enjoy reading, playing terrible guitar, listening to radio plays in the dark and eating unhealthy amounts of beetroot. I also keep a weird little fictional blog, the details of which can be found below.

While, shamefully, I have never been able to attend the Made in Roath festival despite living there, I am very excited to be a part of this year and to sample anything I can get my greedy little hands on. You may find me haunting a few theatre performances and workshops in particular.

Other places I pretend to be cool:

Twitter: @sbellanato



Midas Plague (quirky fiction blog is quirky): http://midasplague.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment