Made in Roath 2016

Made in Roath 2016

Sunday 20 October 2013

Patterns and Shapes

So far I've been having a very happy time on the Open House trail as part of MiR this year. My chubby legs, and running workshops/performing, mean I haven't seen as much as I would like (I would like to see everything!) but some of the work I have seen was very interesting indeed.

Spirals and other patterns feature strongly in the work of Hilary Roberts. This poet saw trees and shapes that resembled flowers, all delicately rendered on porcelain-white ceramic tiles. So pretty! See what I mean?


Also at 80 Roath Court Road were Amy O'Driscoll and Theo Griffiths. I didn't get a chance to speak to Theo, but Amy informed me that her work was greatly influenced by a trip to India last year. The intricate curlicules of her sweet, tealight-lit candle holders was truly lovely. Some small houses, which were part of an ATTIC gallery event last year were also on display.


Theo was another kettle of fish entirely, and my plan is to include his work in another post, or perhaps on my own blog. So much great art out there, anyway! Hope you are all enjoying yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment