Made in Roath 2016

Made in Roath 2016

Saturday 26 October 2013

Nocturnal Night Walk / The End (sort of)

I'm sure you'll all agree that this year's Made in Roath Festival was amazeballs! So much to see and do, with all types of art and event, bustling like a bee-hive with people of all hairstyles (I even saw a mullet!), and pretty decent weather for most of it, too. Did you see E.T.? I missed it, sadly, as I was busy 'being a poet' in the bookmobile van, sat silently waiting next to this tealight-lit Edwardian Doll's house (I wish I could say it was lit by the memories of childhood joy! Though, perhaps in a way, it was) for the nocturnal walkers to arrive.


Post-ET-n-popcorn bicycle fun, they meandered towards me... A good 100 people or so! And I duly read out the pieces of work that I had compiled from the 60 or so poems/stories you all wrote in the bookmobile with Christina Thatcher. I read two of the pieces to you, anyway, and they will be featured in a further blog post here (hence this not being 'the end', exactly).

The night walkers continued, then, and I packed up the bookmobile, only to meet with you all again in Milgi for DJ Eclectic Mix, popcorn and hot apple punch, plus art from Kim Fielding. A fantastic end to a fantastic festival! And - only 365 (or so) days till the next one..................... Can't wait!!!

DJ Eclectic Mix and Andor of Mississipi Big Beat

Art!

Milgi warehouse



No comments:

Post a Comment