Made in Roath 2016

Made in Roath 2016

Friday 18 October 2013

Guiltblog

I am learning... That, despite a desire to be In All Places at Once, to See and Hear Everything at Made in Roath, and to Mention All People on the blog, this may be - Impossible. Because there are SO many things, and SO many people, and already I am having to choose between things because I cannot be in Two Places at Once...

Ah me!! Disappointment and guilt are combining within me at this point!! This has been increased, too, by some of my interactions with people taking part in MiR. So! > > >

In the spirit of nepotism, please make sure to go and see NEPOTISM, featuring work by Richard Huw Morgan, as I do feel a bit guilt-balls for saying I would go to the private view today but instead being rained on so much I could only make my own gig at Octopoet... Richard is a very charming man, an extremely talented artist, appears to have great taste in shirts, and so on. Please pop along! 

This charming chap has work on display.His name is Wing Tang, and he was very nice to me yesterday. And, displayed a bit of concern about people going to see his humble works... Please, can some of you make sure to go along! Bring a smile to this chap's face. He's on Arran Street. I will feel guilty if you don't go, and you (hopefully) will feel guilty by making me feel this way. Ha!!! :-p

Rachel Helena-Walsh posed for this photo, which I took yesterday while v v v tipsy. I now feel Johnny' Depp's eyes seering guilt into my soul... And not in a sexy way. Therefore, I feel obliged to mention that she is doing a heck of a lot of theatre things at MiR this year. Take a look at her profile on National Theatre Wales Community HERE! 

Christina Thatcher is a lovely lady and an excellent poet, and she has coordinated all the spoken word-y/live literature-type events for MiR this year. I feel - sigh! - guitypoos *again* because I will be performing at Spirituality in Art tomorrow from 8pm, instead of attending her popular Roath Writers event in The Pot, Crwys Road. Through a small error-y thang (the event I'm performing at was not included as 'spoken word', as it is mostly art with a poetic element added later), these are at the same time. I will endeavour to rush and make both... But, it may not be possible. Especially given my huge level of unfitness...! I - recommend both events! Oh dear...

Anyway, I guess it is the way and nature and tendency of these things for there to be clashes. And, dashes (from one event to another). And, pashes! Passions, I mean. I wanted another word to rhyme, see... All one can really do is just attend as many things as one can. SO many amazing things to see/hear! I will do what I'm able. You do the same. No more guiltblogs from me! Maybe some gossip, though, and definitely more confessions...! Until tomorrow, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment