Made in Roath 2016

Made in Roath 2016

Saturday 19 October 2013

Confessions #2

Here are the confessions collected from yesterday! Today, the box will be in the Andrew Buchan during the afternoon, then I will take it to the Gate for the evening. Again, the mind boggles... Who ARE you crazy diamonds? Your secrets offer glimpses into the tender, troubled heart of Roath... As well as its timidity (NO confession is "too offensive"!) and toddler-like yukness ("I eat my own snot" - bleurgh!!!). Who the hell... Another thing I have noticed is that the confessions that come in when I take the box to literary events are longer, fuller and more, yes, 'literary'. Little paragraphs instead of single lines. As one might expect, really... Some poems were offered up, too, I will be collating these in a separate blog post. I am thinking of asking artists to draw their confessions, perhaps...! Anyway, here are the ones collected (get in touch via this blog, Facebook, or Twitter if you have one to share, too!) > > >

I am inept at technology.

I eat my snot.

My grandmother still believes I'm a Christian.

I used to suck c**k for a living.

I don't like poetry.

Nothing to confess here. - Carl Jung

All the confessions I can think of are offensive.

I'm not as smart as I think I am, which is a pity because I pigeon-holed myself the 'smart one' as a kid in lieu of any other stand-out qualities. To be blunt: I need to feel special and I'm not. What makes things worse is that's an incredibly 'un-special' problem.

I confess I believe Miley Cyrus truly is a feminist who only strips off to empower our daughters' and show her vulnerability. I'm feeling pretty vulnerable right now and may well strip off. - anon

1. I once stole hydrochloric acid from my school.
2. I shat in a urinal whilst drunk.
3. I broke a trampoline in Tenerife when I was six.
4. My mum's a lesbian.
5. I once smoked tea.
6. I am a closet anarchist.
7. I broke my banjo string (stringy bit behind the helmet).

No comments:

Post a Comment